The Friary is a historic project with a major community impact through restoration of a vacant site within a largely revitalized area, further leveraging other public and private investments. It provides Marian the opportunity to use the building’s history to create a new story.
The site was originally constructed in 1899 and utilized as both a convent and a monastery in association with St. Boniface Church. It was placed on the historic register in September 1982. The completed renovation will produce 29 units of affordable housing comprised of twenty single bedroom apartments and nine efficiency apartments.