The Lincoln Grant Scholar House, opened in 2017, was made by rehabing the Lincoln Grant School in Covington, KY. The historic school first opened its doors in 1932 as a school for African-American students, kindergarten through 12th grade. Lincoln Grant remained an elementary school until it closed in 1976. The building then became the Northern Kentucky Community Center, lasting until 2003. Finally, it became our Lincoln Grant Scholar House, which is working to empower families and youth to achieve life-long self-sufficiency through education. The school was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 2013. Like all of our Scholar House properties, Lincoln Grant offers residents a stable living environment while providing essential life knowledge in vital areas like health, parenting, financial management, job-seeking and work skills, supported by onsite staff.